The Waller Pain Hill Climb
Waller Lane in Caterham, Surrey.
Sunday 14th June 10am.
Waller Lane is a narrow road running from the centre of the Surrey town that pitches up at 20 per cent in places, and includes 210 feet of climbing over its 0.31-mile length. The all inclusive event attracts an unusual mix of Elite riders including National Hill Climb Champions, enthusiastic club amateurs, have-a-go Mum’s on shopping bikes all the way down to kids on balance bikes (supported by strong backed Mums and Dads).
Men & Women’s Super Vets(60+)
Men & Women’s Vets(40-60)
Men & Womens
Fat Dads & Fit Mums (Novices)
Boys & Girls Under 16’s
Best Fancy Dress
The emphasis is firmly on having some fun and the event is part of the annual Caterham summer festival, so there’s always a sizeable crowd cheering on the riders.
Proceeds from the event will go to the Caterham Round Table to support local charities.
This event is run by Caterham Round Table as part of the Caterham Festival. Addiscombe CC are the local club who'll be helping out on the day. Yellow Jersey Cycle Insurance (www.yellowjersey.co.uk) are supporting the event infrastructure.·
- Assigned Start times sent out 48 hours prior to start
- Chip timing sensors
- TV Commentator – Marty MacDonald
- Riders set off at 1 minute intervals – Time Trial format
- Pusher on the line (to hold the bike)
- Entry on the day available
- First rider sets off at 10am so please arrive for 9am (latest) to allow time to get your number, or register.